The MasterMoney™ Card from HNB Bank is the fast and easy way to make your everyday purchases. Your MasterMoney Card can be used at any business that accepts Debit MasterCard® – at millions of locations worldwide. Your purchases are automatically deducted from your HNB Bank checking account and will be detailed on your monthly statement. Tracking and managing your expenses has never been easier.
Your MasterMoney Card is also an ATM Card. So when you need access to cash around town or on trips, look for the MasterCard, Cirrus or Shazam network logos to get cash fast. The MasterMoney card is accepted at all MasterCard locations worldwide and serves as your ATM card at all HNB Bank locations for no charge.
Why deal with hassle of checks and the risk of lost or stolen cash… Just use the MasterMoney Card from HNB Bank!
MasterMoney Card Benefits
- Safer than Cash – If the card is lost or stolen, it can be replaced. Your liability for fraudulent transactions is limited and in some cases even zero if you report the loss or theft right away.
- Accepted Worldwide – Wherever you see the Debit MasterCard™, Shazam or Cirrus Logos
- Faster than Checks – Avoid the hassle of check approvals when using your card for purchases
- Track Your Purchases – Your purchases are detailed on your monthly bank statements for easy reference and expense management.
- Has Rewards – New Debit Rewards Programs Coming Soon!
Safeguarding your MasterMoney Card
- Sign your MasterMoney Card on the signature panel as soon as you receive it.
- Try to keep it in the same place in your wallet, billfold or purse. This will help you realize if it has been lost or stolen more quickly.
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately.
- Never write down your personal identification number (PIN). Memorize it!
- Do not store your PIN number with your card(s).
- When selecting a PIN, avoid numbers that relate to your personal information (phone numbers, address, birthdates, etc.)
- Never disclose your PIN to anyone. No one should ever ask for your PIN
- If you feel your PIN and/or card number has been compromised, report it immediately.
- Use your hand or body to shield your PIN when you are conducting transactions.
- Ensure that your card is promptly returned to you after each transaction.
- Always check sales receipts for the correct purchase amount before you sign them, and keep copies of your sales and ATM receipts until you receive and compare with your monthly bank statements for accuracy.
- Do not volunteer any personal information when you use your card, other than by displaying a personal ID as requested by the merchant for identity verification.
- Never give your card number and/or PIN over the phone unless you are dealing with a reputable company on a call you initiated.
- When using your card to make online purchases, make sure your browser is in a secure mode and you are dealing with a trusted source.
- Never input your card number into a webpage or form link received in an email. This could be a phishing attempt.
- Look for merchants who use MasterCard SecureCode. (link to info below)